The reputable personnel of Stafford Regional Airport in Fredericksburg, Virginia, are committed in providing and promoting a safe, convenient, and economically self-sustaining air travel for you. Backed by more than 15 years of experience, we are responsive to your needs while supporting and promoting our region’s economic growth and development.
Importance of Airports
Aviation affects our lives both directly and indirectly. We are affected by the transportation of people, goods, and mail both locally and worldwide. Airports are considered as economic engines and as a means of supporting businesses and creating jobs. According to the Virginia Department of Aviation’s economic impact study for 2011, we have created 107 jobs with a payroll of $4.4 million. In addition, the Federal Aviation Administration™ declared that airports contribute $64.5 billion to the nations’ economy with all of the activities that are performed here. We are dedicated to general aviation and the economic development of the region that is responsible for the annual income of $18.4 million.
Role of the Authority
As a steward of the land, the authority has ensured its role through careful and thoughtful planning. The board members play an active role in the development and growth of our airport services. With the importance of the interdependence of social progress, economic success, and environmental excellence in mind, our company is committed to being the reliable authority for your travels.
The state of Virginia has a flourishing travel industry. Check the following websites to learn more about our travel industry and affiliated organizations:
National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) | City of Fredericksburg | Stafford County Economic Development | Fredericksburg Timeless™ | Prince William County | Stafford County Virginia Tourism |Washington D.C. Official Website
– 1972: FAA Identifies need for a general aviation airport in Stafford County
– 1977-1992: Airport Feasibility / Site Selection / Environmental Studies
– 1997-2001: Stafford Regional Airport Construction (opened Dec. 2001)
– 2003: Apron Expanded
– 2004: T-Hangars, Fuel Farm, Instrument Landing System Installed
– 2005-2008: Corporate Hangars and Apron Construction
– 2014: New Terminal Building Completed
– 2018: Runway Extension Environmental Assessment Completed
– 2018: Runway Extension Permitting / Mitigation / Design Begins
– 2020: Runway Extension Construction Began
-2022 T-Hangar 4 Construction Began